About This JournalActa Cogitatais dedicated to providing a venue for undergraduate authors of original philosophical papers to have their work reviewed and, possibly, published. Publication acknowledges the work of outstanding undergraduate authors, rewards their efforts, and provides a home for some thought-provoking projects. In line with this purpose, Acta Cogitata's authors retain their copyright so that they may continue to develop these projects. The journal, however, does not publish work that has previously been published elsewhere.
The journal accepts philosophical papers from all areas of philosophy and seeks to promote philosophical discourse in any area where such discourse may be illuminating.
The journal is published annually, in October.
- All submissions must be set for blind review; remove all identifying marks from all but the title page.
- All submissions should be in a standard 11 or 12 point font, double spaced, with one inch margins.
- All submissions must include a 200 - 400 word abstract.
- All submissions should be page numbered, excluding the title page and works cited page.
- All submissions should use an accepted style for citations.
- No submission should be longer than 4000 words.
- A standard footnote (not endnote) style should be used throughout the paper.
- Title pages should include the author's name, college or university, and year in school.
- All title pages should include the following statement (and it should be true), "I (the author of this paper) represent that this is my own novel work, I am working on (or have recently completed) an undergraduate degree (with a major or minor in philosophy) and am not enrolled in, nor have I ever been enrolled in, a graduate program in philosophy."